December 26, 2011

Happy 10 Years to Us

Guest post from Lenny Mcknight

Ten years ago this weekend, I said “I do” to my best friend. He was the one I couldn’t live without....and still can’t live without. We were two kids who didn’t need anything but each other. I laugh a little to myself when I think about that now. Hello? Reality? Are you there? Yes, we did need each other, but we quickly learned we both needed a college education, stable jobs, decent health insurance, dependable cars and money, money, money. But we made it anyways. We were determined to. There were a lot of hard times, even more laughs and a few tears. I’m proud of us and what we’ve accomplished in our ten years as husband and wife. We finished college, started our careers, bought our first house, got a dog, and then had 3 kids. We deserve a little celebrating for our hard work and dedication to each other every day. Thanks to our Hughes Net in rural WV I booked us a reservation at the finest hotel in town for the weekend and lined up a sitter for the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Well congratulations on you guys for reaching your 10th happy anniversary. I'm so happy for the both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete