February 25, 2011

Be Whoever You Want to Be

Maybe it's safe to say that I am someone who's a well-rounded individual. I do love a lot of stuffs and I can pretty much be really good at something as soon as I decided to give my time and effort learning it.

Back in my school days, I did join in almost all school activities-- school dance, declamation, debating team, Math Club and a lot more other school organizations.

Other people have this idea that you can only be very good at one thing. Like if you are beautiful you can never be smart. Or if you are good in Language there is no way you can get A's in Math. I think this kind of "idea" is as bad as it sounds. I believe that anyone of us can do anything and be good at almost everything if we give our interest, effort and time in learning that "something".

When I was in High School, people thought I could never be good in English because I always excelled in Math but I proved them wrong when I became one of the members of our School Debating Team and was selected as a Feature Writer of our School Paper.

Is there anything you really want to do but you are afraid you can never learn to do it? Give it a try! I believe success is something that you can achieve if you have the real determination, hard work and perseverance in getting it. If you are not good in that "one thing" that you really love to do, just continue on giving your best in learning that "something". In time, all your effort will really pay off and before you knew it, other people will recognise it and tell you-- "Man, you really are great on that!"

Mastery of something won't happen over night. It only happens if you practice constantly with undying devotion and love.

3 comments:

  1. "When I was in High School, people thought I could never be good in English because I always excelled in Math but I proved them wrong when I became one of the members of our School Debating Team and was selected as a Feature Writer of our School Paper."

    I love this one... Nice post... I love both Math and English... :)

    I'm a new follower... I'm new in blogging... Maybe you could visit and follow mine... thank you...

    http://scintillascintillating.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right.. like Nike's slogan, just do it.

    When you put your heart and mind into doing something, you will slowly pick up the skills and eventually become very good at it.

    - Spicy Mother

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I love your blog and will be back for more reading... can we do a link exchange?

    ReplyDelete